Monday 24 June 2013

The Trill Of It All Blog Fest




I am participating in a Blog Fest, hosted by taratylertalks. Visit her page to find out more.

TANGO - 342 words

As I approach the old stiff door, my hands are shaking with anxiety and liberation all at the same time. I only wish I had more courage at the times when I needed it the most.

I clear my throat nervously as I sit in the dark room. My eyes scan the area, looking for any open spaces which could lead to a breach of confidentiality. The dark room brings back memories of entrapment and discomfort. Although it’s difficult to bear, it’s something that I have to do.

Suddenly, the old wooden door creeks open, but from the other side. The presence immediately demands respect and attention, communicating to my soul on a subconscious level. I can smell him from where I’m sitting. The scent is not one I wish to store in my memory. I know this process all too well. It’s time to begin…

“Forgive me Father for I have sinned.”

“My last confession was 12 years ago”.

“You see, I’m having some difficulty complying with the standards society has set for my generation. Society demands so much yet gives me absolutely nothing in return.”

“There are these choices that I’m faced with, most are associated with physical desires and insecure mockery, determined to derail me from who I truly am. You see Father, I’m faced with the decision of choosing blue eyes over hazel; tanned and exotic skin over fair and porcelain; passionate and lustful desire over respectful and graceful.”

“Society demands that I should be concerned with the opinion of my neighbour, or the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Somewhere deep within me, my soul is at war.”

“I’ve chosen to emancipate myself from the clutches of societal pressure, to showcase the new me, to show others that I am not afraid to take chances and put myself out there, to love without limits.”

“However, this is where the problem comes in…”

“Forgive me Father for I have sinned.”

“I am in love with two men, and I don’t plan on letting either of them go.” 



16 comments:

  1. It takes two to tango! Thrilling excerpt...
    What happens next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I was so nervous to post... Wasn't sure how it would be received. I'm working on another piece, will post soon xxx

      Delete
  2. That last line is awesome. Engrossing excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz.. It's my first published piece. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. that was intriguing! great lead in!
    i wonder if she will end up choosing one or lose both!
    thrilling indeed!
    thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really great. I felt so uncomfortable like your character and yet confident the more they confessed! Well done!
    Thanks for participating!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather.. It feels good to participate. This definitely won't be the last time. Thanks for the platform!

      Delete
  6. How naughty! I like it. Very well written

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a really great post. I like how you built up the tension with it and then zinged us with that last line. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rena.. Puts a smile on my face knowing you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  8. You definitely know how to end on a cliffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks Nicki... Nothing like a little drama to get the blood boiling.

      Delete